- Arthur Tress Collection of Japanese Illustrated Books
- Banned Books Collection
- Benjamin Rush collections
- Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness
- East Asia Comics Collection
- Indo-Caribbean Collection
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books
- LGBT Film
- Marian Anderson Collection
- Sexual Minorities
- Theodore Dreiser Collection
- U. S. Health Activism History Collection (Walter J. Lear U.S. Health Activism History Collection)
The Penn program for Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies explores a wide variety of issues in science, history, culture and language. The program offers a major, a minor and a graduate certificate. It touches on nearly every academic discipline and most libraries on campus have relevant materials. Most relevant physical stock is in Van Pelt and concerns the social sciences.
There are no collections at Penn that a reader might think of as focusing on GSWS issues as such, though some are directly applicable. For example occupations historically thought of as falling under the sphere of women are covered in the Bates History of Nursing Archive and the Penn Culinary Collections.